Sunday, February 01, 2009

Music in Mosaics




I LOVE working in mosaic. For me it is like reading a good book that you just can't put down no matter how late the night is getting. I'm learning a lot as I go as to which tiles will give me the look that I'm after, which kind are easiest to cut and what colors they come in. I just get lost in putting down one color, picking it up and trying another instead. Sort of like planning a quilt in some respects when you have all the fabric strewn all over the place and you have to decide what color each piece should be as it relates to the one next to it. I have to be careful though because the dog thinks all those little pieces of colored glass look like candy.

2 Comments:

Blogger "JeanneG" said...

It's looking good. Are you gluing them down? I just love the dog looking up at the camera.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Yes, Jeanne, they get glued down using a glue called Weldbond. It looks like Elmers glue, but works with mosaic. Little Farley is always interested to know what I am doing.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home