Friday, January 23, 2009

Life Studies




When I was in college the BEST art class that I ever took was Life Drawing. I think I was allowed to take it a couple of times and then after that I took Life Painting. It was so rewarding because my skills improved by leaps and bounds and my figures really started to look like humans instead of aliens! I cannot think of anything more difficult or beautiful to paint than the human body and every now and then we are lucky enough to have a nude model to pose for us at the studio. Hmm, since I am not sure what the "rules" about nudes are for blogger I am only going to post her face. On Facebook I have read that there is some controversy about nude paintings so I haven't posted any of them there, either. Too bad for us artists. The canvas by itself is a 20 x 24 and the session was for three hours. I figured I could put in a background later.

1 Comments:

Blogger "JeanneG" said...

Nice job. I have never done a life drawing with a model.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home